[Tutor] The mailer software is blocking a post of mine

Scot W. Stevenson scot@possum.in-berlin.de
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:08:50 +0200

Hi there,

I'm trying to post a message on the tutor@python.org list with the subject
"High level file handling in the rain", and what I keep getting back is

<tutor@python.org>
    (reason: 550-spam not wanted here)

... while talking to mail.python.org.:
>>> DATA
<<< 550-spam not wanted here
<<< 550 (subject line includes "ADV" or "HGH")
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

I don't see a "adv" in the subject line, and the only "hgh" has an "i"
smack in the middle of it (does it block songs by The Doors, too?). I'll
try to post it under a different subject line; if that doesn't work, could
somebody tell me what the SMTP problem really is?

Y, Scot

--
  Scot W. Stevenson wrote me on Tuesday, 13. Aug 2002 in Zepernick, Germany
       on his happy little Linux system that has been up for 1352 hours