[Tutor] tkinter browser ?

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 15:18:46 +0100

> I'm not sure what the purpose of making yet another browser

It used to be that new programmers wanted to write their
own text editor. Now it seems to be a web browser. I
don't know why. But it seems to be a common request
from beginners on many programming fora just now....

This may be a good thing, we probably have enough good
text editors around to satisfy every conceivable style
of user. Now we might get a slew of good web browsers
each slightly different. Even if only 10% are any
good at least thats more than we have just now!

Just a thought,

Alan g.