[Tutor] python newbie need help

Roman Suzi rnd@onego.ru
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 22:41:42 +0400 (MSD)

>On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 12:17:00AM +0800, Rino Mardo wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 12:56:29PM -0400 or thereabouts, cruciatuz wrote:

>> for my first actual python project i'm thinking of a utility to
>> archive my mails stored in a Maildir mailbox.  however, i'm finding it
>> difficult to find any reference as to what is the syntax should be for
>> most of python's modules.  take for example "os.system("cd "+dirName)"
>> the language reference nor the library has no mention of what the
>> syntax should for that command.  should i put a comma to separate the
>> arguments or no comma at all?  i think what i'm looking for something
>> similar to the syntax diagram of pascal.
>>
>> is there something similar in python?

I am not sure why syntax diagram is needed in case of os.system, but if
you insist, you can look at the Python Grammar in the Grammar/Grammar file
of the source Python distribution.

But usually after two hours of moving around in Python people understand
its grammar by heart.

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd@onego.ru _/
_/ Tuesday, September 25, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/