[Tutor] (no subject)

Kirby Urner urnerk@qwest.net
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 19:21:53 -0700

At 06:36 PM 9/17/2001 -0500, Louie Montelongo wrote:
>I Use Python For School Work But I Don't Know How To Use It For Squaring
>And Thngs Like That
>Please Help Me
>                                                          Louie Montelongo

Hi Louis --

check out http://www.inetarena.com/~pdx4d/ocn/numeracy0.html
for some ideas about how to use the Python shell as a
way-better-than-a-calculator tool to have at your elbow
when studying mathematics.  I pity those students who get
nothing but a steady diet of TIs (most popular classroom
calculator).

Also:  Python in Education:
http://www.python.org/sigs/edu-sig/

More algebra 'n stuff if you dig around in:
http://www.oregon-tips.com/tips/Public/PublicHomePage
(hit the browse button, center of screen, go to
Curricula).

Kirby