[Tutor] Is there a Python book which gives sample code / usag e of all the modules which ship with python???

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:42:30 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 alan.gauld@bt.com wrote:

> What about New Riders?
> They do the best reference book for what you asked:
>
> Python Essential Reference by Dave Beasley.

Agreed!  Python Essential Reference is one of the best Python reference
books I've seen.  It's nice and easy to carry.  *grin*

> However there are no books that provide code samples for ALL of the
> modules, also many modules contain code samples in the standard
> library documents.
>
> Finally try searching the google newsgroup archives, and
> the ActiveState archives of the Python mailing lists, there
> are often examples in there.

Another great place for sample snippets is the ongoing Python Cookbook
project that Activestate is hosting:

    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python

Another good place to see example code is at Useless Python:

    http://www.lowerstandard.com/python/pythonsource.html