[Tutor] if file == exists, then dont copy it

Kirby Urner urnerk@qwest.net
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 14:06:03 -0800

>The program seem to skip everything after force=0 and
>then exit.

Seems like the exists() thing is always returning
false.

You should say what platform and give an example of a
file parameter you're passing that you know exists.

If you're in Windows and using a backslash, you need
to escape it with another backslash, or use r for
'raw'.  E.g.

   >>> exists(r"c:\My Documents\fft.pdf")  # OK
   1
   >>> exists("c:\\My Documents\\fft.pdf")  # OK
   1
   >>> exists("c:\My Documents\fft.pdf")  # oops
   0

This could be the kind of problem you're having.  If
it's UNIX, yet other issues might be to blame.

Kirby