[Tutor] [Q] how to use more than one source file.

Boudewijn Rempt boud@valdyas.org
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 23:35:55 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Young-Jin Lee wrote:

> Hi, all.
> I have a question on how to use more than one file creating a Python application.
> Most example code uses only one file, but it is not realistic. I want to separate codes into multiple files and use them.
> For instance, suppose that I created a main python module in the mainApp.py and I created a separate mainFrame.py which will be called from mainApp.py. In this situation, how can I run the whole application package? Once I checked everything works as I expected, how can I created one executable file out of these two files?
> Thanks in advance.

If you really want to package it all up as one file, you should
investigate Gordon McMillan's installer -

   http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/standalones.html

Be sure to read the rest of what he writes about the topic of packaging
and distributing too!

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org