[Tutor] a ScoreList class (was: Multiple identical keys in a dictionary)

Remco Gerlich scarblac@pino.selwerd.nl
Mon, 28 May 2001 14:43:39 +0200

On  0, Glen Wheeler <wheelege@tsn.cc> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > Ya, I was thinking big (all the scores in the list, except for the
> > wimps who didn't even try), and considering that a limit on the number
> > of entries may be needed (or maybe users named bob21 couldn't post
> > scores when the moon was full, whatever [played nethack?]).
> >

>   Ha ha, yeah I've played nethack - although I like (Z)Angband just that tad
> bit more :)  Right now I've actually included the wimps that didn't even get
> a single point in a special 'Hall of Shame' listing :)

Ahem. Major danger of addiction detected.

You're not saying you're coding a roguelike in Python, are you?

(I'm ex-ZAngband DevTeam member, finished Nethack 8 times, but never a *band)

>   Heh, not sure how they could analyze anything for weaknesses - since it is
> an Arkanoid variant

Phew.

> (hey, I was just told to make a small fun distracting
> (but not too much so) game...in the vein of old arcade style, I wasn't told
> why - even stranger that this is for company wide use too :).

I envy you.

I'll go look for some unanswered questions now :)

--
Remco Gerlich