[Tutor] Sorry!

ibraheem umaru-mohammed ium@micromuse.com
Thu, 3 May 2001 17:06:26 +0100

Hi,

[Lance E Sloan wrote...]
-|
-| When I responded to a previous message, I *meant* to change the subject
-| from "Re: Tutor digest, Vol 1 #763 - 13 msgs" to "Re: rational number
-| representation in Python".  I had the new subject in my cut & paste
-| buffer, but I forgot all about it once I started composing my message.
-|

I don't know what mail client or operating system you use, but if you
are using *nix, then you might find the formail command useful with
digested messages.

man formail

For example, under mutt, I can do the following in the command prompt
when the digest file is selected in my inbox:

	:formail +1 -ds >> mailbox

this will un-digest the message from a single one, to multiple, of which you
can reply to each individually as opposed to changing any of the
subject headers, and inadvertently breaking any message threads.

Hope that helps,

	--ibs.

--
One meets his destiny often on the road he takes to avoid it.