[Tutor] OOP design (w/ example :-)

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 23:36:00 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, Daniel Yoo wrote:

> Subjective comments: I like the decomposition of lines of text into a list
> of Students.  I don't think it's too necessary to take the OOP any
> further, since normal Python lists should be able to handle groups fairly
> well.  Another recommendation: don't force OOP into your design if it
> doesn't fit well.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm just looking for something to work on so I
can figure out OOP techniques. You've kind of hit the central point,
however, with your suggestion about not forcing OOP. Unfortunately I have
yet to find a methodology for analyzing a problem and determining whether
it's a good candidate for an OO approach or not. Suggestions welcomed. :-)

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/