[Tutor] Re:Importing Type

Stevenson M Hickey sthickey@juno.com
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 08:27:01 -0800

I'm a real newbie to Python, so the question of a Tkinter Text Widget is
not clear to me.  However, there is a rule of thumb that says:  'When you
can't make your language work for you, use another language.'  C++ could
be used to construct a read-only text widget fairly simply.

Another approach is to realize that a text widget of any type is actually
something that is handled by your OS.  All OS' have methods to make text
read-only.  Can you create a new Text Widget structure from Tkinter and
add code to tell the OS that the file is read-only?

I am kind of scrabbling around in the dark here, but there is definitely
a faint tickle in my upper right brain quadrant that says that this is a
possible direction to take.

Stevenson Hickey