[Tutor] Database connectivity

Brad Chandler mbc2@netdoor.com
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 09:45:07 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "GCS" <gcs@agentsinside.com>
To: <tutor@python.org>
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 5:09 AM
Subject: [Tutor] Database connectivity

> Hello,
>
> Can someone point me out with a good documentation how to connect to
Postgres?
> I can not find any of them in the library reference. Is it supported?
>
> Regards, Laszlo

I use PyGreSQL and have been very pleased with it.  There are several others
out there and I've tried one other (I can't remember the name) but couldn't
get it to work.  If you installed Python from source, you should have no
problem compiling PyGreSQL.  But if you installed from an rpm, you might
need the development rpm as well (if there is one).  You might also need the
PostgreSQL source, I'm not sure.  I installed both python and postgres from
source so I'm not sure how it PyGreSQL would compile if had I used RPMs.

Brad