[Tutor] General Programming Question

Rob Andrews rob@jam.rr.com
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 14:10:04 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anthony Beaman" <AnthonyBeaman@trginc.com>
To: <tutor@python.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 11:46 AM
Subject: [Tutor] General Programming Question

> Hi! I've posted before but I'm a complete newbie to programming. I've
almost
> completed the "Python in 24 Hours" book and will begin with a new book
next.
> My question is when should I begin looking at other languages? Should I
move
> on to something like Programming Python or should I begin looking into
some
> other language? Thanks!

It can be quite informative to look at code in different languages to see
how they do the same things. You never know what interesting stuff you'll
pick up! But you will likely advance more quickly into more advanced
progamming skills if you try hacking out programs of your own and modifying
other people's code to make it do different things.

That's what Useless Python is for. In addition to the Challenges (Thanks for
mentioning it, Danny), you can browse through a healthy collection of
beginner and intermediate programs you can attack to your heart's content.

Enjoy,
Rob
Useless Python
It's not just for breakfast anymore!