[Tutor] General Programming Question

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien@orbtech.com
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 12:16:10 -0500

That really depends on what you are trying to accomplish. There are plenty
of us that have programmed in other languages and found Python to be a nice
place to settle down. I think Python is the best all-around language out
there. Of course, it doesn't do *everything*. So if you want to be a "true"
programmer you would never limit yourself to one language. (I'm quite happy
to do 99.9% of my programming in Python.) You would use the language that
was most appropriate to the task at hand. So, what is your goal?

---
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech
"I am, therefore I think."

-----Original Message-----
From: tutor-admin@python.org [mailto:tutor-admin@python.org]On Behalf Of
Anthony Beaman
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 11:46 AM
To: 'tutor@python.org'
Subject: [Tutor] General Programming Question

Hi! I've posted before but I'm a complete newbie to programming. I've almost
completed the "Python in 24 Hours" book and will begin with a new book next.
My question is when should I begin looking at other languages? Should I move
on to something like Programming Python or should I begin looking into some
other language? Thanks!