[Tutor] An IDLE introduction

Schmidt, Allen J. aschmidt@nv.cc.va.us
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 07:10:57 -0400

Looks great so far!

As a side note...I use a tool called ViewletBuilder2 from www.Qarbon.com to
create step-by-step or interactive tutorials on various topics. Start a new
VB2 project and it minimizes itself. Then just do whatever you normally do.
Hit the PAUSE key anytime to capture a screenshot as often as you need. It
tracks mouse movement, too. Then when finished, it jumps to the thumbnail
view of all you captured. You can then go to each slide and add text
balloons and callout bubbles to add your own information to the slide. Even
records for voice annotation.

This would certainly add clarity to for me on many Python topics. And
completed Viewlets can be added for free to the library that anyone can
view. Or serve them up for your own use or limited audience. The builder is
Windows or *nix based but the Viewlets can be seen in any browser and live
on almost any web server.

Just thought I would offer a tip...Don't know enough about Python to be
useful to the list yet.

Allen

-----Original Message-----
From: Danny Yoo [mailto:dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu]
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 3:50 AM
To: tutor@python.org
Subject: [Tutor] An IDLE introduction

Hiya everyone,

I'm starting to write up a small IDLE introduction for people who're just
starting Python.  As it is, it's really, really rough.  I haven't finished
writing in the comments, it still needs more image-captures, and all the
writing needs to be rewritten for clarity.

Still, I wanted to see if this sort of thing would be useful for people.
Here's the web link (still disconnected from my main site):

    http://hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dyoo/python/idle_intro/

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!