[Tutor] python question...

Gregor Lingl glingl@aon.at
Fri, 08 Jun 2001 00:30:11 +0200

--------------6FC4330FBD56AB1883C7BF2A

If you want to lern to program - using Python - try  How to think like a
computer scientist
(http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/)

Then to find more cooncrete material- exercises and so on ... - , go to
Alan Gaulds's book on programming
(http://members.nbci.com/alan_gauld/tutor/tutindex.htm)

A very useful list of tutorials of each kind you find at Rob Andrews
Tutorial Page (http://www.lowerstandard.com/python/tutoriallinks.html)
on his  Useless Python Site

Good luck (and be patient!)
Gregor L.

Kelly Brett schrieb:

  hello-

  i'm brand new to programming, and i'm very excited about learning
python.  I've used the "instant hacking" tutorial on the website, and
it's making total sense.  i'm just wondering how it is that
  somebody can get good at this stuff.  i understand that practice makes
perfect, but it just seems like there are so many directions that can be
taken.

  so, beside the aforementioned tutorial, what is a good resource that
won't confuse the crap out of me?

  thanks guys!!

  brett

Kelly Brett schrieb:

> hello-
>
> i'm brand new to programming, and i'm very excited about learning
> python.  I've used the "instant hacking" tutorial on the website, and
> it's making total sense.  i'm just wondering how it is that somebody
> can get good at this stuff.  i understand that practice makes perfect,
> but it just seems like there are so many directions that can be taken.
>
> so, beside the aforementioned tutorial, what is a good resource that
> won't confuse the crap out of me?
>
> thanks guys!!
>
> brett

> Yahoo! Mail Personal Address - Get email at your own domain with
> Yahoo! Mail.

--------------6FC4330FBD56AB1883C7BF2A

&nbsp;
to think like a computer scientist</a>
to&nbsp; <a href="http://members.nbci.com/alan_gauld/tutor/tutindex.htm">Alan
Gaulds's book on programming</a>
Andrews&nbsp; Tutorial Page </a>(<A HREF="http://www.lowerstandard.com/python/tutoriallinks.html">http://www.lowerstandard.com/python/tutoriallinks.html</A>)
on his&nbsp; <a href="http://www.lowerstandard.com/python/pythonsource.html">Useless
Python Site</a>
python.&nbsp; I've used the "instant hacking" tutorial on the website,
and it's making total sense.&nbsp; i'm just wondering how it is that
practice makes perfect, but it just seems like there are so many directions
that can be taken.
that won't confuse the crap out of me?
I've used the "instant hacking" tutorial on the website, and it's making
total sense.&nbsp; i'm just wondering how it is that somebody can get <i>good</i>
at this stuff.&nbsp; i understand that practice makes perfect, but it just
seems like there are so many directions that can be taken.
won't confuse the crap out of me?
Mail Personal Address</a> - Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail.</blockquote>

--------------6FC4330FBD56AB1883C7BF2A--