[Tutor] win os questions

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 17:43:07 +0100

> Is there a URL where I can see examples of simple things like:
>
> - pwd
> - xcopy /d /s y:\somefolder\somefolder z:\somefolder\somefolder

These are both OS system commands and are illustrated in
the tutorial and module documentation.

Look at:

os.system(<command>)

or

result = popen(<command>)

> - import from y:\somefolder\somefolder\something

This isn't possible coz its a file path.
You need to add "y:\somefolder\somefolder\something"
to your PYTHONPATH environment variable thenb just

import something

Read about packages to find out how to go one better.

> In other words, the simple basics that you need to
> master before worrying about object orientated programming.

Well there's also my online tutor - the concepts and
basics sections teach you most of what you need prior
to objects. Doesn't vcover the os module tho'...

http://www.crosswinds.net/~agauld

That should be more than adequate to let you read
and understand the official tutorial.

Anything more specific just ask.

Alan G.