[Tutor] Born from : [memory management details]

D-Man dsh8290@rit.edu
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 11:42:35 -0400

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 03:13:12PM +0530, steve wrote:
| Hi there,
|  D-man and Danny Yoo, that explanation 'bout the stack and the heap
| was ^^REAL^^ good !! The best part is I understood all of it :) (even
| though I've just begun programming). Now you've got me hooked !...

Cool.  Thanks.  (Actually, I'm kinda surprised the C code didn't
royally confuse people who haven't seen C before)

| ...eh...I'd like somebody to point me to some resource (online or a
| book maybe) that explains such low level details....to push it even more

A lot of this is just normal C usage.  I have a good C tutorial (HTML
format) that I got of the web a few years back, but I don't think it
is on the web anymore.  I'll send it to you soon.

| ...I'd like n e resource that explains low level details of things like
| networks/OS operation ...stuff like that !!

Hmm,  not sure about that.  It helps to follow lists like debian-user
and python-list.  I certainly learned a lot there.  linuxdoc.org
explains a bunch of stuff too.  I just finished a course, OSI, that
covered scheduling algorithms, syncronizationo (semaphores)  and
paging and segmentation algorithms.  I don't know where to find that
on the web (except for the author's slides,
www.bell-labs.com/topic/books/aos-book/).  I just started Data Comm &
Networks 1 which is going to cover socket programming and stuff like
that.  If I find any good (free) stuff I'll let you know.

| Hope I ain't bugging ne one,

Just that 'ne' thing, but it's not that big of a deal ;-).  (You're
weren't talking about my ethernet adapter, were you <wink>?)

-D