[Tutor] Python newbie

TJ O'Grady tj_ogrady@yahoo.com
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 20:32:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I just finished my first python program. It does what
I like, but I was wondering if there was a way to make
it cleaner. At some point I'd like to make web pages
totally customizeable based on initial user input, and
the way I have it now would make for an unattractive
script. Oh, and if anyone knows of a good place to
find information on maintaining information from page
to page, I would appreciate it the information.

#!/usr/bin/python

import cgi
form = cgi.SvFormContentDict()
fields=form.keys()

print "Content-type: text/html"
print
print "<HTML>"
print "<Head><Title>form handling at it's
finest</Title></Head>"
print "<body bgcolor="
print form["color"]
print ">"
print "<H1>Let's See What Happens</H1><hr>"

print "<h2> Welcome,"
print form["name"]
print "To our web page, and thanks for stopping by.
Come again Soon"