[Tutor] Re: python help

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 13:02:27 -0800 (PST)

I'm answering part of this email on-list; I've removed the name as it was
a private email.

On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, <unnamed> wrote:

> I started my job back in mid-September and still have no idea how to
> manipulate the Python legacy I have been "willed" from the previous 3
> programmers [...].

We'd be happy to help answer any questions you have on the list. It's even
possible that some of the former programmers are on the list (python is
still a relatively small community) and they may be able to offer more
specific help.

> I was wondering if you answer case-specific programming questions or
> if they are just generalized questions about code.

We answer case-specific questions, but it's probably best if you formulate
specific questions. We don't mind code snippets, but long stretches of
code are harder to deal with in this medium.

My best advice is to post a snippet you don't understand and ask specific
questions about its design. Other good questions are of the "how do I do
X?" format.

--
_Deirdre      *      http://www.sfknit.org      *      http://www.deirdre.net
"We have an open door policy." -- Sheridan