[Tutor] concerned

Jean Montambeault jrm@videotron.ca
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 15:37:19 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pijus Virketis" <virketis@fas.harvard.edu>
To: "gary" <gary@stokeson.freeserve.co.uk>
Cc: <tutor@python.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2001 10:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Tutor] concerned

   Please say that Pijus Virketis is a bona fida member of your team!

I dunno about "bona fida", but I would like to flatter myself and think that
I am some sort of a member of the tutor list team (albeit often the one most
often on the receiving end). :) A few hours ago my new box, on which I had
not had time to replace Windows with Mandrake, got infected with a worm, and
it mailed itself out right and left. I appologise for this lapse of list
security. :( Thankfully, the thing does not seem to cause much damage
(besides aggravation) and can be caught by any anti-virus software updated
in the last two weeks.

Cheers and happy Xmass!

-P

Those things happens but they are preventable.
I got the infected post myself almost at the same time I received another
wormy email, from a personnal friend this time. So it was a massive attack.
The security in Outlook Express is set to a maximum here and .scr file won't
open by themselves. That was protection enough.