[Tutor] sys.path..... - PATH, one more time...

Steve George sgeorge@vianetworks.co.uk
12 Dec 2001 12:06:29 +0000

Hi,

It is a way of altering your sys.path without having to use a
PYTHONPATH.  So for example if I had some packages in
/home/steve/pymodules I could add them to my python startup by forming a
file in /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages called something like
mysite.pth  in the file I would just list the directory location for my
modules.

Here's the formal explanation:
http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-site.html

Daryl Harms and Kenneth McDonald provide an explanation of the options
here:
http://www.wdvl.com/Authoring/Languages/Python/Quick/python2_2.html

Cheers,

Steve