[Tutor] Py2exe Help (fwd)

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 00:25:48 -0800 (PST)

Hi Cow,

I should have written that I personally don't have experience with
py2exe... *grin*

It's usually better to use your emailer's "Reply to All" option, so that
the other people on the list too can respond.  I'll forward your message
to the rest of the list for you.  Good luck to you.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 16:34:13 -0800 (PST)
From: Cow <cow@esweeet.com>
To: Danny Yoo <dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: [Tutor] Py2exe Help

First off, i have a file called 'a.py', the file i want to compile into a .exe file.  Next, i make a file called 'cow.py'.  'cow.py' is to be the setup file.  I put the following code into it (cow.py):

from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe

setup(name="a", scripts=["a.py"],)

#------END OF CODE---------

to run my setup file that will compile 'a.py', i put the following files into the C:\Python22 folder:

a.py (the file i want to compile into a .exe file)
cow.py (the setup file i programmed)
py2exe

i go into dos, type 'CD Python22' to get to the folder with all of the files in it and type the following command to run cow.py:

python cow.py py2exe

it should work and next convert 'a.py' into an executable file, but instead i get the following error:

C:\PYTHON22>python cow.py py2exe
usage: cow.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] ...]
   or: cow.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
   or: cow.py --help-commands
   or: cow.py cmd --help

error: invalid command 'py2exe' (no module named 'distutils.command.py2exe')

does anyone know what i can do to get my setup program working?

Thanks a lot
-Ryan