[Tutor] Tutorials

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 15:49:13 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Kirk Bailey wrote:

> The severral tutorials at the python site seem to cover basics, jump
> to select parts of intermediate materials, and stop.
>
> I ned a good solid read (webwise) on the language, filling in some
> blank spots, and gradually building up to the advanced material. I
> have been pointed at the total language reference in reply to
> questions about advanced material- but I am not ready to fully
> understand this yet. Alas, many holes in my knowledge still exist, but
> the totorials also seem to have considerable gaps. Any advice?

You might be interested in the "Programming Python" book by Mark Lutz;
it's a comprehensive walk through the language.  Personally I think it's
way too large; I like books that I can hold in one hand.  *grin* Still, it
might be worth browsing.

But don't forget; we're here too!  What in particular are you trying to
do?  We might be able to find some resources that might help you write
your program.