[OT] BASIC Factoid (was Re: [Tutor] Functions !)

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ignacio@openservices.net
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 01:08:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, dman wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 11:23:52PM -0400, Dutch wrote:
> | I have a question about functions.  I hope I can ask this clearly (and get
> | a clear answer too!)
> |
> | The last programming I did was in basic on my Commoidore 64 and functions
> | almost seem like what I remember as "subroutines"...
>
> They are similar.  I never did enough BASIC programming to really call

There's actually a reason for that. All versions of BASIC on early PCs were
written by, licensed from, and "maintained" by Microsoft. And you thought
BASIC was public domain :P

It still doesn't count as a Microsoft innovation, however, because they ripped
it off someone else :)

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams  <ignacio@openservices.net>