[Tutor] Re: Hit Counter

dman dsh8290@rit.edu
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 14:48:58 -0400

On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 08:48:07AM -0700, Jon Cosby wrote:
| Thanks for the responses so far. I've made some changes, but
| so far haven't resolved the problem. I've added the line
|
| <!--#exec cgi="cgi-bin/counter.pyw"-->
|
| to my Web page, which by the looks of it, should execute the
| script each time I load the Web page. It's only running when
| I the script page. Can anybody see why this is?

What web server are you using?  '<!--' starts a comment (though '<!'
might be all you need) and '-->' ends a comment (though '>' might be
enough).  Thus everything in between those have no effect at all.  I
do recall seeing that on previous versions of Zope that sort of syntax
was used in their DTML files.

-D