[Tutor] Help with saving data

Andrew Wilkins toodles@yifan.net
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 17:32:14 +0800

Using pickle (or cPickle for an improvement in speed) should be sufficient.

example:

import cPickle

my_dict={'example':'123'} #dictionary for saving
file_path='c:\\file.tmp'

file=open(file_path,'w') #open the file for reading
cPickle.dump(my_dict,file) #save to file
file.close()

file=open(file_path) #open for reading
cPickle.dump(my_dict,file) #read from file
file.close()

The pickle module also supports other types, as well as user defined
classes. I don't know a lot about the module, I've only just started using
it...I'm about part way through making a MUD system...I'll put it up on
Useless once I'm done...sound good Rob? =)

> PS. Andrew, your email helped, thx!

No worries, that's what I'm here for...apart from lurking of course heh heh

Andrew