[Tutor] Still confused about Python references/objects

Bruce Sass bsass@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 11:08:10 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Remco Gerlich wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 10:57:54AM +0100, alan.gauld@bt.com wrote:
> > [ At this point cue the Python(?) sketch
> >    "You had XXX, you were lucky, we..." ]
>
> Nah, I started on a 6502 as well (I was a kid, had a C64, and there were
> things that BASIC didn't do... Had to calculate the byte values on paper and
> put them in DATA statements, though. Assembler? Luxury!)

A C64, the lap of luxury, you had a spot for ML starting at 49152 and
a nice bunch of devel tools to choose from.  A ZX81, on the other
hand, forced you to poke bytes into a rem statement's text because
Sir Clive's little box didn't have enough RAM to put any aside for ML.

- Bruce

(I guess we've bored most everyone under 35 now, eh ;)