[Tutor] Python 2.0 newbie questions

Glenn T. Norton gtnorton@earthlink.net
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 22:45:52 -0700

I also run Windows. here's how to run your scripts :
You can just run them through IDLE as descibed by the previous reply ,
or............
First make sure your path is set. Here's what I have(on Win98): SET
PATH=C:\PYTHON20;%PATH%
I can't remember if the installer put it here or not, but anyway...
Create a folder in the Python directory, such as "mypython".
Create the file, such as "hello.py"
Save it in the "mypython" directory.
Go to the command line, IDLE or PythonWin and at the prompt, type...
import os
os.chdir('C:\PYTHON20\MYPYTHON')    #make sure to include the single
quotes
import hello

Good luck,
G.T. Norton