[Tutor] howto?

Remco Gerlich scarblac@pino.selwerd.nl
Thu, 18 May 2000 10:19:54 +0200

On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 04:04:24AM -0400, nmr@techspot.com wrote:
> Hello
> I have started a few days ago reading the Python
> Documentation and now I'm writing very easy and
> little programs on this language, but since I'm
> not much familiar with english language (my mater
> language is spanish) i have not understanded very
> well the part of the documentation that explains how
> to run the programs when i write them in a text editor for example windows note pad or Linux pico text editor.
> I will appreciate a lot any help.

Under Windows, just make sure the filename ends with '.py' and then click on
it.

Under both Windows and Linux, get a command line, go to the directory with
the file in it, and type "python <filename>".

Under Linux, put "#!/usr/local/bin/python" on the first line of the file (or
whatever the path to your python is), make it executable (chmod +x
<filename>) and then just start it like any other program.

Also note the three links at
http://www.python.org/doc/NonEnglish.html#spanish .

--
Remco Gerlich,  scarblac@pino.selwerd.nl