[Tutor] btree problems

Hans Nowak hnowak@cuci.nl
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 00:22:25 +0100

On 15 Mar 00, at 13:27, Todd Martin wrote:

> I would actually consider Delphi a better learning language and stepping
> stone into OOP. [...]

Hmm, I'm not so sure about that... We have a lot of cool application
programmers at my office, working with Delphi, but they don't know jack
about OOP. I think this is because Delphi lets you get away with only
*using* the already existing objects and components. It doesn't
particularly encourage you to create or derive new classes, and in this
respect I don't see the benefits of Delphi over Python.

On the other hand, Delphi is of course an excellent example about what you
can do with OOP... Maybe someday such a system will also be available for
Python. Preferably affordable. ;-)

--Hans Nowak (zephyrfalcon@hvision.nl)
Homepage: http://www.hvision.nl/~ivnowa/newsite/
Python questions? See http://tor.dhs.org/~zephyrfalcon/snippets
You call me a masterless man. You are wrong. I am my own master.