[Tutor] Need for pedestrian-level explaination

Patrick Phalen python-list@teleo.net
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 12:01:40 -0800

[Robin B. Lake, on Fri, 25 Feb 2000]
:: Python looks great and I've already slayed a few dragons quickly
:: and simply with it.
::
:: However, the e-list postings often drop terms for which there are
:: no simple descriptions that are easily found.  I go back 25+ years
:: with C and 40 years with some pretty arcane programming languages, and
:: I'm worried that a neat language like Python, designed for the masses,
:: will "off" them because it isn't simple, stupid.
::
:: I.E.
::
:: Zope.  What is it?  What hardware does it require?  What good is it?

http://www.zope.org

:: CVS.  ditto

http://www.python.org/download/cvs.html

:: IDLE.  ditto

http://www.python.org/idle

The Python web site has a search feature. 40 years of programming
experience and you don't know how to use a search engine? ;-)