[Tutor] First python-script: a little network client

Jochen Haeberle listen@MIDRAS.de
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 00:32:51 +0100

Hi Deidre,

thanks a lot - that was a fast and perfect help! I was not sure what
went wrong at what place, so I did not see the most obvious things!

At 13:57 Uhr -0800 03.02.2000, Deirdre Saoirse wrote:
>On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Jochen Haeberle wrote:
>
>   > The protocoll specs for fxp is at
>   > <http://www.oanda.com/site/fxp/protocol.html>, case someone's
>   > interested.
>
>There's several problems with your implementation:
>
>1) each request is supposed to be followed by a carriage return and line
>feed. This is \r\n, not \n.

That' the most problematic error I guess. I thoghut \n is equal to
<cr><lf> (at least on my Mac)

>2) sock.close should be sock.close()

sure :-/

>3) after sending the headers, you have to send a blank line before
>receiving data.

Oh, I overlooked that one. Tell you I read it a dozen times! I guess
I would have noticed the last two if I only knew the first :-)

Thanks again

Jochen