[Tutor] PP and App framework

Yanko, Curtis (GSP) YankoC@gspinc.com
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 08:51:29 -0400

Hello everyone,

I've been following the list for a bit now and am fairly new to Python
but not programming in general.

I've read both Learning Python and PP and decided to use the app
framework in the back of PP. I'm having trouble understanding how to
implement the framework as a part of my Python environment. I am trying
to study the existing examples but am having a hard time getting them to
run.

I'm trying to run Myapp4.py and get the following:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "E:\PYTHON\FRAMEWRK\MYAPP4.PY", line 24, in ?
    class MyApp(MenuApp):
NameError: MenuApp

Ok, a simple namespace issue so I look at the source file:

from app import *

class MyApp(MenuApp):
    def start(self):

Menuapp is a class in interact.py but we are only importing all of app.
So is this meant to be a package? I had initially just added the folder
with all of the framework stuff to the python path.

Has anyone done any work with this framework? It seems like a great
starting point for an aspiring Python programmer. What's the best way to
integrate it into my environment?

Thank
-Curtis Yanko

p.s. I'm going to try and just import interact.py for now to keep going
but I intend to use this framework a lot until I get into GUI's so it's
not just a get over the hurdle question.