[Tutor] newbie question 2

Kevin Liang 7kcsl@qlink.queensu.ca
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 17:33:15 -0500

--------------B633F793BF3360DAA6F6DEF6

def numwords(s):
    list = string.split(s)
    return len(list)

What does the (s) mean ?  Thanks..
Also, I was thinking of getting the book Learning Python , the
one by O'Reily et al , and has the big rat/mouse on the
cover..anyone recommend it ?  It had a good review in linux
journal

Kevin

--------------B633F793BF3360DAA6F6DEF6

<pre></pre>
def numwords(s):
by O'Reily et al , and has the big rat/mouse on the cover..anyone recommend
it ?&nbsp; It had a good review in linux journal

--------------B633F793BF3360DAA6F6DEF6--