[Tutor] FW: Retrieving a text file with a URL call

Scotty Michael scott@endall.com
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 22:21:42 -0400

I apologize for how totally ignorant I am with respect to your product.  I
am an Xbase developer of a distributed business management application
written using Foxpro for Windows.

We have recently experienced the need to pull down text files created with
a URL call over the Internet and save them to a predetermined location on
the users hard drive.  We have found that using DDE we can complete this
task with users that have NetScape; however, IE does not support the
parameter to specify where the file needs to be saved.

I do a lot of work with NeoMedia and they suggested that Python could
address our problems.

Let me know if it sounds like python is the tool that I need to put
together a piece of code that could be distributed to our users and called
from their application to retrieve this file and save it to their hard
drive.

Thanks

Scott Michael
scott@endall.com