[TriPython] TriPython November 2019 Meeting: Surviving without Python

Calloway, Chris cbc at unc.edu
Tue Oct 29 16:59:30 EDT 2019

For our next meeting, Andy "Automation Panda" Knight will coach us on how to use the best of Pythonic development philosophy for those times when we can't use Python.

http://tripython.org/Members/sgambino/nov-19-mtg
https://www.meetup.com/tripython/events/265549119/

When: Thursday, November 21, 7pm

Where: WebAssign, NCSU Centennial Campus, 1791 Varsity Drive, Suite 200, Raleigh

What: Python is such a popular language for good reason: Its principles are strong. However, if Python is “the second-best language for everything”… that means the first-best is often chosen instead. Oh no! How can Pythonistas survive a project or workplace without our favorite language?

Our speaker, Andrew Knight (http://automationpanda.com/), is a software engineer. His specialty is building test automation systems from the ground up, which involves both software development for test code as well as the infrastructure to run it in continuous integration. He also does Web dev and tool dev from time to time, and he love databases and compiler theory. Andrew holds a Computer Science BS/MS from RIT (http://www.rit.edu/), and is currently employed by PrecisionLender (http://precisionlender.com/) in Cary, NC.

Extemporaneous "lightning talks" of 5-10 minute duration are also welcome and don't need to be pre-announced. Plenty of free-after hours parking is available in the upper level of the deck behind WebAssign (turn through the median just before the intersection of Varsity and Main Campus Drives). If the door is locked, call the number posted on the door. An after-meeting location for food and beverage will be decided at the meeting (usually BaDa Wings at Mission Valley). Come join us for a fun and informative evening.

Applications Analyst
University of North Carolina
Renaissance Computing Institute