[TriPython] A question of recursion and nested parsing

Calloway, Chris cbc at unc.edu
Fri Sep 15 15:04:16 EDT 2017

On 9/15/17, 2:35 PM, "TriZPUG on behalf of Ken MacKenzie" <trizpug-bounces+cbc=unc.edu at python.org on behalf of ken at mack-z.com> wrote:
> I feel that if one is not ready for criticism of their code then
> they should not put it out publicly.  I mean that is the point of open
> source anyway.

Very much in the spirit of Stacy’s featured talk last month:

Slides: https://geekgirlbeta.wordpress.com/2017/08/14/code-reviews-using-art-critique-principles-the-slides/
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpqwuaCW6os

The flipside is that we should be cognizant of the fact that human beings are receiving the criticisms we make and so offer them in a way that is not personal. David Handy is a shining example of such good behavior.

These two sides are reflective of a very old programming maxim: “Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you offer.”

Applications Analyst
University of North Carolina
Renaissance Computing Institute