[TriPython] Fwd: Python training for development staff

Scott G. Hall scott at hallcomm-inc.com
Sat Apr 29 21:11:22 EDT 2017

I very much would recommend UDemy.  A bunch of people I work with needed to be
cross-trained to python, and their course "/Complete Python Bootcamp: Go from
zero to hero in Python/" by Jose Portilla.  This course came highly recommended
by others who took it, and the instructor's style makes it much easier to stick
with the course than some others I have run into at Coursera or Sitepoint.  Even
though I already knew a modicum of python at the time, this course taught me a
lot I didn't know.

Check into the link: https://www.udemy.com/complete-python-bootcamp/

You can look at the reviews of the course, the reviews of the instructor, and
google both because there are reviews on other forums as well.  Also check the
syllabus for the course.

Your question has come very timely, because for a short time they are putting
the $195 course on a 48-hour introductory sale for $10, along quite a number of
UDemy courses (one day left).  I like UDemy and have now taken a number of their
courses -- but I never pay the full price.  I always wait for a big sale,
usually around $15 or $20 per course.  Last Black Friday I got 10 courses for
$15 each.  A lot of times the sale price is around $35.  I'm still using up my
10 courses, but this is such a great sale I may sign up for a couple more (I
need to work on my minuscule web development expertise as well as my Javascript
knowledge).

- sgh

On 04/29/2017 08:01 AM, Ken MacKenzie wrote:
>    ====resending from the right address for this list====
>
>    So I work for an organization that for the most part majority of the
>    developers have spent the past year working only in a proprietary form
>    of basic from the vendor of our main tool set.
>
>    So in comes a new VP and he is wanting to get people up to speed
>    technology the industry actually uses. And this in conjunction with the
>    future of the vendor we use being very much in the air most likely her
>    asked me the question about training more of the developers, a class or
>    where to send them for example to learn python.
>
>    I really don't know what to say as I basically taught myself python
>    years ago and use it in hobbyist fashion.** However now I am working on a
>    bunch of new pieces for the office in python.** Data conversion utilities
>    and some REST microservices for enhancing business user data access into
>    PowerBI or some angular 2 front ends.
>
>    Anyway long story short, can anyone recommend a good local to Raleigh
>    python training class to send a group of developers.** Or a trainer who
>    would come in to train the group on site.

Scott G. Hall
Chief Engineer/Owner
Hall Communications
Raleigh, NC, USA