[TriPython] Spark and Python

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Wed May 6 17:50:17 CEST 2015

On 5/6/2015 9:52 AM, Chad Vawter wrote:
> I've just joined the TriPUG and am looking forward to participating.  I've
> been working with Spark and Python for scalable, streaming, in-memory data
> analytics lately.  If anyone's interested in an overview, please let me
> know.

Hi, Chad. Welcome to TriPython. You can find lots of information about
the group here:

http://tripython.org

As I asked you in a meetup message, I am very interested in hearing what
you have to say about Python and Spark (and hopefully PySpark).

TriPython is a do-acracy. Like Python, we don't ask for permission. Each
person decides for themselves and does. If you want to give us a Spark
and Python overview, you can just announce so here. Then we will help
you schedule and publicize it.

To help schedule your overview, which sounds like a feature length
monthly meeting presentation (or I would hope it is), you just need to
let us know on this list which meeting date (that is not already
scheduled) you would like to claim for your presentation. You can look
at our meetings page to see that May and June are already claimed:

http://tripython.org/meetings/

Would you like to make a presentation at our July meeting in Chapel Hill?

Thank you again for joining and for being so ready to participate and
contribute.

Chris Calloway, Applications Analyst
UNC Renaissance Computing Institute
100 Europa Drive, Suite 540, Chapel Hill, NC 27517