[TriPython] This week's meeting

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Tue Jul 21 20:04:11 CEST 2015

It is my sad duty to inform you that due to a death in the family, Chad
Vawter will not be able to present PySpark this week.

We have three options:

1) If you have a presentation quality talk in the can and would be
willing to be the goat, please speak up. I think more general Python or
data science topics are becoming more desirable these days and
web-related topics less so.

2) Get your lightning talks ready now!!!

3) I'm going to make another attempt to persuade one of our members who
has presented on PySpark before to another group to present it so us. He
changed jobs and so is not working with PySpark anymore, and so declined
that last time I asked. But hope springs eternal.

Chris Calloway, Applications Analyst
UNC Renaissance Computing Institute
100 Europa Drive, Suite 540, Chapel Hill, NC 27517