[TriPython] Busy Week Ahead and Help Request

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Thu Jul 2 19:26:51 CEST 2015

TriPython has a busy week after the holiday weekend. We have a three
ring circus lined up for you in three cities.

Monday, July 6 is first Monday beginner night in Durham at Astro Code
School starting at 6pm. Brian Russell and Caleb Smith are your generous
hosts:
http://tripython.org/Members/brussell/july-15-pbn
http://www.meetup.com/tripython/events/223042303

Tuesday, July 7 is first Tuesday project night in Raleigh at WebAssign
from 6pm to 9pm. Steve Gambino is your gracious host. I'll be at
SciPyCon. So I won't be there myself to bring pizza. Bring some yourself
if you like:
http://tripython.org/Members/sgambino/july-15-rpn

Wednesday, July 8 is second Wednesday project in Chapel Hill at RENCI
from 6pm to 9pm. My co-worker Lisa Stilwell will be guest hosting. I'll
be at SciPyCon. So I won't be there myself to bring pizza. Bring some
yourself if you like:
http://tripython.org/Members/cbc/july-15-chpn

I have a help request. If you were already planning on being at the
Chapel Hill Project Night on Wednesday July 8 next week, I'd like
someone to be the TriPython facilitator for the event while I'm away.
That would be someone who would make sure introductions are conducted
after a critical mass of people arrive and who would make sure newcomers
are welcomed and beginners helped. You know the drill if you've been to
project night already. My wonderful co-worker Lisa will be seeing that
the meeting room is open and attended. But she hasn't attended a project
night before. If there's more than one volunteer, the more the merrier.
Sound off if you'd like to do that. My wonderful co-worker Lisa is also
starting her first Python web app this week (she's already very
proficient with Java web apps). So if you know some Pyramid, please help
her out at the project night.

Chris Calloway, Applications Analyst
UNC Renaissance Computing Institute
100 Europa Drive, Suite 540, Chapel Hill, NC 27517