[TriZPUG] fw: Intro to scikit-learn (Machine Learning in Python) with Tim Hopper

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Fri Jan 17 20:09:52 CET 2014

On 1/13/2014 11:55 AM, Tom Roche wrote:
>> Intro to scikit-learn (Machine Learning in Python) with Tim Hopper
>> Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill R Users Group
>> Thursday, January 16, 2014 6:30 PM
>> Cameron Village Regional Library
>> 1930 Clark Avenue
>> Raleigh, NC 27605

A bunch of TriPythoneers showed up for this. It was actually a joint
meeting of the Research Triangle R Users Group and the Research Triangle
Analysts which seem to be acting as one group these days except that
Research Triangle Analysts advertizes itself as software agnostic and
Python friendly. There were at least 40 people squeezed into an
overflowing room. Tim, who is a member of TriPython, gave an excellent
presentation which is available as an iPython Notebook:

https://github.com/tdhopper/Research-Triangle-Analysts--Intro-to-scikit-learn

I liked Tim's talk so much I told him he should give it to TriPython,
considering that there are so many machine learning enthusiasts among
us. Tim agreed and will be our featured speaker in February at
WebAssign. Thanks, Tim!

Chris Calloway http://nccoos.org/Members/cbc
office: 3313 Venable Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530