[TriZPUG] TriPython April 2014 Meeting: ParaView

Casey Goodlett casey.goodlett at kitware.com
Mon Apr 14 19:34:25 CEST 2014

Hi all,

This talk will cover python scripting of the ParaView
<http://paraview.org/>application for processing and visualization of
3D scientific data.  In
particular, I will cover use cases in point cloud processing as an example
of how python can be use to implement domain-specific visualization and
processing routines.  Python can be used in ParaView to create data
sources, filter data, perform 2d plotting of data with matplotlib, and as a
general application scripting framework.

I am really excited that recent work we have done with Project Tango for 3d
mapping from smartphones can be covered in the talk :
http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/650

I will also attempt a live demo using python and ParaView for processing of
Kinect data : http://vimeo.com/43975225

--
Casey B. Goodlett, Ph.D.
Technical Leader