[TriZPUG] Caktus Moving To Durham

Eric Leary eric.leary at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 04:59:28 CEST 2014

I have to admit, I was kind of hoping for quarterly meetings at Nagshead,
and going to Sam and Omies for the after meeting.

Sometimes outside of the box thinking is not.... practical.

RENCI does look kind of awesome.

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 8:51 PM, Chris Calloway <cbc at unc.edu> wrote:

> On 3/26/2014 3:49 PM, Chris Calloway wrote:
>
>> There are too many moving pieces in play at the moment to predict. But
>> for right now if nothing changes, I think we could start meeting at
>> RENCI soon. My involvement with this group is one of the reasons I'm
>> being hired, so I plan to bring it up at my first meeting with them on
>> Monday.
>>

> Well, the moving pieces have become more predictable.
>
> First, I won't be moving to Nags Head. They wanted 100 percent of my time,
> weren't willing to share me with other projects, and weren't sure what
> would happen after the end of the year.
>
> Second, a funny thing happened on my first day on the new job. I was
> having a really nice conversation with my new boss. And I said I didn't
> know if it was the right time to be bringing it up so early but I wanted to
> be able to report something to TriPython. So I asked about having meetings
> at RENCI. And surprisingly my boss said, well, we're already hosting
> GirlDevelopIt RDU's python class, so yeah, we'd love to host TriPython. I
> responded that was fast, that I'd just been contacted a few days ago by
> GirlDevelopIt RDU and asked about hosting it at UNC. I said that I had to
> refer them to Jesse Birkman at RENCI since I'd be leaving Marine Sciences
> and wouldn't have any more ability to reserve space. And my boss said,
> yeah, they called Jesse, Jesse came and asked him about it, and he went
> immediately to the director because that's something they definitely want
> to be involved in. I thought, wow, what a small revolving world.
>
> So the upshot is, when Caktus can't host us anymore in Carrboro, we'll
> have a new Chapel Hill home at RENCI. The meeting room seats about 60
> people. It's posh.
>

> --
> Sincerely,
>
> Chris Calloway http://nccoos.org/Members/cbc
> office: 3313 Venable Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530
> mail: Campus Box #3300, UNC-CH, Chapel Hill, NC 27599

Science is the establishment of expectations.  Art is the manipulation of
expectations. Justice is the fulfillment of expectations.  Expectations are
patterns of mind.