[TriZPUG] Mozilla is hiring a web developer

Paul McLanahan pmclanahan at gmail.com
Tue May 7 03:25:59 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Interesting in getting your code onto a site that sees ~10 Million visitors
per day? Just send us a pull-request [0]. Interested in getting paid to do
that?! Mozilla is looking for a backend web developer [1]. Most of our
sites run a very customized version of Django (Playdoh [2]), but we also
have some stuff still on PHP and are starting to see more Node. This job
will be primarily Python, but this being Mozilla you can go in most any
direction your interests take you.

You'd be working on the Web Productions team (with me!). We manage
mozilla.org and a number of smaller sites like firefox flicks, affiliates,
and mozillians.org. All of our code is on github and very liberally
licensed, and nearly all of our communication is via IRC. If you're
passionate about open source and this sounds interesting to you please
apply. I'd love to have some more mozillians in the triangle area :)

Best,

Paul McLanahan
@pmclanahan
pmac at mozilla.com