[TriZPUG] Jessica McKellar to Speak at October TriPython Meeting

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Tue Aug 27 19:13:31 CEST 2013

Thanks to Jeremy Davis tipping us off to Jessica McKellar speaking at
the All Things Open conference, I noticed the last day of the conference
is to be the same day as our October general meeting. So I invited
Jessica to speak to TriPython on a topic of her choosing and she has
accepted the invitation.

Jessica McKellar is:

* a winner of this year's O'Reilly Open Source Award
* Vice President of OpenHatch
* a director of the Python Software Foundation
* a core developer of Twisted
* co-chair of the PSF Outreach and Education committee
* an organizer of the Boston Python Users Group
* co-organizer of the Boston Python Workshop
* Diversity Outreach Coordinator for PyCon 2014

The topic of Jessica's talk will be announced later. Here's a sample of
just a few of her past appearances:

http://pyvideo.org/speaker/377/jessica-mckellar

Chris Calloway http://nccoos.org/Members/cbc
office: 3313 Venable Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530