[TriZPUG] RDU to Chapel Hill tips?

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Mon Sep 10 13:27:18 CEST 2012

On Sun, 9 Sep 2012, Philip Semanchuk wrote:

> On Sep 9, 2012, at 10:31 AM, Calvin Spealman wrote:
>
>> Can anyone who has traveled TO the area recommend the
>> best ways and advice to get from RDU to the Chapel
>> Hill/Carrboro area? I'd like to put together some travel
>> tips for PyCarolinas.

how many people are coming? Can you arrange a van/bus (or
busses) to pick them up? Some people may have to hang out
for a couple of hours, till the enough people arrive to make
it worth sending a van, so tell them to hang out in some
relatively nice place (for an airport) where there's free
wifi. You could meet them there and hang out with them.

> One can take the bus from RDU to UNC.
>
> Bus 100 goes through the airport and connects with the
> Regional Transit Center (RTC) just a few miles west of the
> airport. From the RTC, busses 800 and 805 can get you to
> the Chapel Hill area. The fee is nominal ($2 I think).
>
> http://www.triangletransit.org/

this sounds just as good an idea.

Joe