[TriZPUG] Intern Web Developer needed - Python, Django, MongoDB, Mobile

Robby Dermody robby at paramise.com
Fri Jun 29 22:37:41 CEST 2012

We’re a local company looking for a web developer intern to work on our
flagship product, AppTend. AppTend allows companies to better support their smartphone
and tablet-based users, and enables them to get customer support
without having to dial into a clumsy phone tree interface (“press 1 for
sales, press 2 for service”). Learn more about several cutting edge
areas of technology, including Django, mobile web/mobile app
development, HTML 5 and MongoDB. This is a great opportunity to learn
some great technology with a real-world product that’s in use today by
companies such as Samsung.

Due to the amount of time and energy we’ll invest into your skillset,
we are looking to develop a long term working relationship: we want
someone who is already graduated from college and ready to work with us
40 hours a week. Most of the work is done from home, with plenty of
face to face interaction for knowledge transfer, especially as you are
getting started. If you’re the right candidate and things work out,
we’d like to keep you on long-term with regular evaluations and
pay-raises to match industry standard rates as your skills increase.
Pay starts at $15-25/hr, depending on your experience, with a switch to
salaried payment possible as soon as 6-8 months in.

Please include a cover letter or quick intro in your application that
speaks to the specific qualifications below and tells us why you think
you’d be a good candidate.

Your work will involve:
Implementing new AppTend featuresHunting for and fixing bugsCloud-based staging and production deploymentDeveloping automated test
suites based on SeleniumVersion control using git and Github
Qualifications:
BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experienceAt least 1 year experience building dynamic web applications in any
language/framework (JSP, Ruby on Rails, Django, ASP.NET, TurboGears,
etc)A high level of proficiency with HTML, Javascript and CSSAt least 6 months of experience using Python and Django preferred, but not
requiredFamiliarity with Ubuntu/Debian Linux desktop and server
environmentsExperience with test driven development and/or agile
development methodologies (e.g. Scrum) preferred. We use PlanBox for
project management.A strong knowledge of relational and/or NoSQL
databases, such as PostgreSQL or MySQLSelf-motivated and resourceful, with the proven ability to multi-task
and operate under tight deadlines and time pressuresLives local to the
Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill areaEnjoys a fast paced, dynamic and challenging and team-oriented work environment.Solid written and spoken english
skills
Bonus Points For:
Experience with jQueryContact Center/VoIP experienceInvolvement in the Open Source community
at some level
About Us:
Paramise has extensive knowledge of and experience with enterprise and
carrier grade converged media platforms, and our team has designed and
implemented software, VoIP contact centers and networks for over 150
organizations, including the US FAA and DoD, EarthLink, Sybase, Bed
Bath and Beyond, Volvo Truck, several banks, Georgia Pacific, and
EchoStar (Dish Network).

Feel free to respond to me directly if you think you fit the bill!

Robby
---
Robby Dermody
AppTend Contact Center Mobile Integration Platform
@PoundZero on Twitter
919.901.0555 (o)
888.505.1860 (f)
Chapel Hill, NC