[TriZPUG] Raleigh Project Night for January 2013

Joseph S. Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 21:14:23 CET 2012

The class I took was from Berkeley, not Stanford (Mark was talking about a
Machine Learning class he took through Stanford that he also enjoyed), but
the gist is right.  I'll show the various Pacman (and other game) solvers
that I built in Python.  I'll also talk briefly about the various AI
techniques employed.

BTW, the class is being offered again starting Feb 18, so after seeing what
I built you could do it too, though you may want to sign up early as
registration may be limited.  I definitely recommend it.

https://www.edx.org/courses/BerkeleyX/CS188.1x/2013_Spring/about

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Chris Calloway <cbc at unc.edu> wrote:

> Raleigh Project Night for January would conflict with the New Year's Day
> holiday. So I'm asking to regroup in February after NCSU classroom
> scheduling is back in operation.
>
> We had a wide ranging meeting last night. Really wide. The interesting
> thing to me was that everyone at the meeting went to the after-meeting at
> the Beyu Cafe which went on until quite late.
>
> Out of that after-meeting Joseph Tate volunteered to show his work from
> his Stanford AI class, taught in Python. Specifically, he made a solver for
> Pacman. Yes, you read that right, an AI solver for Pacman in Python. We'll
> be seeing that at our January 24 general meeting in Carrboro/Chapel Hill.
>
> We've also received a special request from Eric Leary concerning something
> he would like to see at the next meeting which was worked on by a couple of
> other TriZPUGers. I'll be pursuing that request, to which I expect a
> positive response. So we should have a double header of featured talks for
> our next meeting.
>
> --
> Sincerely,
>
> Chris Calloway http://nccoos.org/Members/cbc
> office: 3313 Venable Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530
> mail: Campus Box #3300, UNC-CH, Chapel Hill, NC 27599

Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com
Web: http://www.dragonstrider.com